Duo Security is a high growth cybersecurity startup focused on solving security challenges for mobile, cloud and traditional IT systems. Backed by leading world-class venture capital firms such as Google Ventures and Benchmark, Duo has 3000+ customers and has won several awards including the latest Ignite Ann Arbor Deal of the Year 2014 award. Duo has offices in Ann Arbor, MI, as well as the bay area in California, and London soon! Duo was founded in 2010 by renowned security experts Dug Song (inventor of several security standards and tools) and Jon Oberheide (recognized by Forbes as a 30 under 30 technology leader). Duo has an amazing team of individuals with diverse backgrounds. At Duo, we believe in creating value for the customers, enabling people to do meaningful work and have a strong work-life balance.
About This Position: We are looking for a rock star Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to join our product team at a senior or principal level. This PMM individual contributor role plays a critical role in both developing and executing the Go To Market (GTM) strategy for Duo. This position is expected to collaborate with various stakeholders from product management, marketing, sales, sales engineering, customer success and the management team on a regular basis. This is a highly visible role in the company and has the potential to make a significant impact to the business objectives of Duo.
Personality & Attitude We Are Looking For:
- A self-starter who is excited to work at the intersection of technology, marketing and business
- Is curious about business models, GTM design, growth hacking, product design, human-interaction concepts, etc.
- An entrepreneurial attitude towards work with maniacal focus on execution and getting things done
- Enjoys regular interaction with people and has strong one-to-one and one-to-many communication skills
- Values simplicity, understands the “why” of projects and is not afraid of complexity or lack of strong order
- Is comfortable with consistent change.
Once you start working at Duo, you will be expected to:
- Know and keep up to date on your space
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of four key areas - Duo’s customers, product, market and business
- Conduct win/loss interviews with sales and customers and deliver internal presentations on key findings
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to understand competitors and market trends
- Work on field enablement
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and develop effective field enablement plans
- Create field enablement content such as training decks, sales FAQs, qualification guides, discovery questions, sales playbooks, competitive guides, persona cards, whiteboard scripts, etc.
- Conduct GTM and product training for various teams in sales, customer success and support organizations through webinars, face-to-face sessions, whiteboards, Q&A sessions, etc.
- Work on various outbound GTM activities
- Create effective customer facing content in strong collaboration with Duo’s creative team. The content includes data sheets, web content, white papers, product demos, case studies, etc.
- Develop crisp and highly effective messaging for Duo’s products
- Assume the role of launch captain for key product launches and releases. Coordinate with several cross-functional teams to plan, create and publish launch deliverables
- Engage in several customer conversations at trade shows, in sales meetings, etc.
- Assume the role of Duo evangelist and interact with analysts, customers, prospects, etc. whenever necessary
- Contribute to business strategy
- Influence product and GTM strategy by bringing the voice of the customer to the drawing table
Before joining Duo you are expected to have:
- At least a 4-year college degree with an analytical/engineering/economics/mathematics focus
- Highly effective communication skills (written, verbal, 1x1, group)
- A solid understanding of technology fundamentals and current trends (BYOD, mobile, social, consumerization of IT, cloud, etc.)
- 2+ years of product marketing, product management, sales engineering or customer facing experience in enterprise/B2B IT (traditional hardware and software, SaaS, etc.)
- An ability to work in a high energy and high demanding work environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Command on several business productivity tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Outlook or the cloud alternatives
We prefer but not require you have:
- An MBA or similar masters degree
- Direct experience in enterprise IT security as a practitioner or vendor
- Direct experience in high growth companies and startups
We want you to:
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Have a good balance with work, fun and personal life
- Be comfortable with change and the unpredictable nature of a high growth tech startup
- Prefer trying and failing instead of getting it perfect the first time
Excited? We can't wait to hear from you!
Duo is at a very exciting stage and we want you to join us in this amazing journey. Make sure to re-read this posting, checkout Duo’s website and read a few articles about Duo before applying.
Apply for this job