We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple. We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth, pre-IPO powerhouse while building your career? Our Technical Support Engineers at Duo are the face of support—and are key to our customer success and happiness. You will ensure that issues are received, recorded and repaired or escalated in a rapid, efficient manner. Along with your technical skills, you will work with various teammates at Duo to create long-lasting relationships with our customers and deliver experiences unique to our industry. You’ll help make Duo better not just for our customers, but for Duo as a whole.
This role will report to our London office.
- Act as a primary support contact to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Facilitate customer communication via phone, chat and email
- Answer technical questions, then verify & resolve technical problems
- Create transformational customer service experiences, creating more promoters and champions of Duo
- Record & maintain accurate, timely details of issues and activity in a request tracking system
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-support
- Help develop recommendations for product improvement based on support issues and customer feedback
- 2-3 years experience in a customer-facing support role
- Strong network troubleshooting background
- Understanding of basic web technologies [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
- Windows OS administration knowledge
- Cross-platform mobile device knowledge [BlackBerry/iOS/Android/Windows Phone]
- Passionate about service & creating long-term customer relationships
- Pro-active, energetic, assertive, patient and customer-centric
- Impeccable communication - both verbal and written.
- Loves to translate “customer-speak” to “developer-speak”
- Follows through. Takes the initiative to own issues until resolution
- Unquenchable thirst for constant learning
- Documents & shares knowledge to improve team performance
- Multi-tasks and handles stress with ease, without getting flustered
- Knows when to escalate to others at the appropriate time
- Welcomes & adapts to change in a swiftly paced workplace
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android]
- Network security or information assurance background
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- Familiar with enterprise-level environments [Citrix, VMware, etc.]
- Has used CRM and/or helpdesk issue tracking tools
- Basic scripting experience [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Back-end web development experience/troubleshooting is a plus
- Certifications are awesome! [CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+]
- Experience in retail or similar customer-facing roles
- French and/or German language professional proficiency
The shift may periodically rotate - four TSEs will share after-hours operational issues in a rotating, on-call basis.
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Prefer trying and failing to getting it perfect the first time
- Don't believe you have to live on a coast to work for a high-growth, tech startup
Excited? We want to hear from you!
Apply for this job