We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, Tanium and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you’ll do…
In the last year, we have doubled our team to nearly 400 employees globally. It has been a huge undertaking and we are proud of the work our team has done to get us here. We have always been committed to ensuring we build an inclusive and values driven culture as we scale. Today over 33% of our team is female, 27% of our leadership roles are filled by women and 17% of our team represents minorities; and while we feel we are doing okay when benchmarked against other organizations in technology, there is a lot of work to do to achieve our goals.
This is where you come in...as a Diversity and Inclusion Manager, you will report to our VP People Ambrosia Vertesi and partner directly with Dug Song, our CEO & Co-founder. You will work collaboratively across the organization to lead full-cycle diversity, inclusion, and connectedness strategies. As we are determined to be both an amazing place to work and amazing place to be from, this role will be vital to shaping who we are today and who we will be as we hypergrow.
Skills you have…
- You’ve got the chops to build 2 year measureable strategies with innovative practices
- 8+ years of experience designing and operationalizing diversity and inclusion programs in the workplace, references who note you as a change agent, and an excitement to your learnings (including what didn’t work)
- A design mindset or iterative building philosophy. As a smaller organization, we do not have heavy structure and long periods to create perfect frameworks. Our speed is fast and our need is iterative frameworks that will evolve with us.
- An ability to map data-driven decision back to “HR” practices. Leverage insights to uncover ways to strengthen diversity and inclusion across the organization; ranging from areas such as compensation, organization composition, promotions and development, recruiting, employer branding, and other functions
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- This is a top priority from the Board of Directors onwards. Therefore, you will be working collaboratively with the VP People as well as the CEO, leadership teams, and employees to lead strategy, programs, and practices throughout the global organization
- This is a new function in the organization so the opportunity to build from the ground up is yours! But you won’t be alone as our focus is to also enable employee driven initiatives that support shared ownership and goals across the organization
- You enjoy relationship building as a strategic advisor and trainer on all diversity, equity, and inclusion practices both internally and externally
This job may not be for you if…
- You are okay with the status quo. We believe setting the bar will take creative approaches and innovative solutions. Our expectation is thinking outside of the box as much as meeting our compliance standards.
- External facing roles are not your strength. Relationship building, community strengthening, and storytelling will be key to success here.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! We can't wait to hear from you.
Apply for this job