We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you'll do...
- Research and prototype new data-driven product features, making Duo’s products even more effective and usable.
- Develop machine learning approaches to address key challenges, such as robustness against active adversaries, explainability of predictions, and usability by organizations with limited security resources. Publication is encouraged.
- Design machine learning systems that deliver highly scalable low-latency results on streaming data.
- Influence strategic direction for the Duo data science team -- a startup within a startup.
- Work closely with Duo’s engineering team to quickly deliver your advances into the hands of millions of users at the thousands of Duo customers.
You should have...
- A deep understanding of and experience with implementing machine learning algorithms. You know how to test whether your classifier is working and how to fix problems if it isn’t.
- A BS or MS in a quantitative field such as statistics or computer science.
- Familiarity with at least one data analysis environment (Python/pandas/sklearn, R, etc.).
- The ability to clearly communicate your ideas to people without a background in machine learning.
- The agility to work in the rapid, unpredictable environment of a high-growth tech company, where there may not be well-established policies and procedures to guide you.
Even better if you have...
- A strong foundation in statistics, including the ability to design and analyze results of experiments.
- Experience performing machine learning at scale, especially using AWS or similar infrastructure.
- A PhD, or equivalent experience conducting original research in a relevant area.
- Experience building production software.
- Experience working on security and privacy problems.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- Access to large stores of labeled data, computing resources, and anything else you need to help you get your job done.
- A company culture of kindness, transparency, and learning. Employees love Duo.
- Ability to positively impact millions of users. Customers love Duo.
This job may not be for you if…
- You want to spend your days hacking the planet. Keep an eye out for researcher roles on our on Duo Labs team.
- You are most interested in shaping the direction of our product based on your view of data science and the information security industry. You should definitely look at our Sr. Product Manager of Data and Analytics position.
- You would prefer to focus on engineering data storage and visualization solutions for Duo’s products. Check out this position on our engineering team.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Apply for this job