We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, Kayak and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
We like building a fantastic product and are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a feature team in developing our best-in-class SaaS security platform. Our ideal candidate has deep experience managing a team for a cloud company and operates with a hands-on approach and in-depth working knowledge of the code and the technologies involved. Experience with security products is a big plus, as is experience working on B2B and SaaS products.
What you’ll do…
- Work closely with product management to develop a software roadmap for innovative, new products and features
- Deliver new functionality in an agile environment
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor your team
- Communicate cross functionally to align team and company goals
- Advocate, evangelize, and implement engineering best practices
- Obsess over making the product easy-for-users and impossible for bad guys
Skills you have…
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years experience in managing a team of software developers
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, preferably in developing web applications
- Communicates effectively about technical, as well as strategic concepts, to diverse audiences.
- Operates efficiently in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrates a bias towards action
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a challenging problem space.
- You work best in teams of high-performers focused on a common goal.
- You are delighted when your end-users are delighted and frustrated when they are frustrated.
This job may not be for you if...
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and look to others for “answers”.
- Your first instinct is point out why something can’t be done rather than solving for how to make it happen.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Apply for this job