We are Duo, and we are here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, and Etsy by making security simple.
We are a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJ’s, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
What you will do
As the Senior Business Systems Analyst, you’ll be responsible for working with our business unit leaders and subject matter experts to understand their internal tool requirements, identify and implement continuous improvements and ensure system functionality at the highest levels. You’ll also identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
How you will do it
You will consult with internal business units to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements and levels of systems access. You will also serve as the conduit between internal business units, engineering, and Business Services team through which business requirements flow between the different internal teams.
Why you will do it
Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts establishing the technical vision and analyzing the tradeoffs between usability and performance needs will be instrumental to monitoring success. Having the ability to track document changes for functional and business specifications and writing detailed, universally understood procedures will establish processes and procedures that will grow and scale with the company.
Requirements Analysis- 80%
- Work closely with project management to develop a software roadmap for innovative new products and features
- Deliver new functionality in an agile environment
- Communicate cross-functionally to align team and company goals
- Advocate, evangelize, and implement analysis & testing best practices
- Obsess over making our systems easy-for-users and secure-for-everyone
Best Practice Development- 20%
- Mentor other Team Members
- Bachelor’s degree (in CIS, CS, Business or related major) or equivalent work/technical expertise with at least 7+ years of experience in a similar role (i.e. Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Project Manager, Systems Specialist, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical application and operational requirements.
- Software and Hardware experience preferred (such as JIRA, CRM Systems, ERP Systems, Data Warehouse Systems)
3 Reasons why someone should apply
- Working with a cross-functional team inspires you: You will consult and collaborate with internal business units to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- You thrive on translating details into consumable information: You will translate high-level, detailed information into information that is easily digested and consumable for general understanding.
- You like the idea of creating something new: You will identify opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
This job may not be for you if...
- You don’t enjoy writing: This position will track and document changes for functional and business specifications; writing detailed universally understood procedures for use in training.
- You need structure in your day-to-day role: This role requires a person that is ready to jump in and take on just about anything, figuring things out one way or another.
- If you have a tough time making decisions: If you need a lot of policies and procedures before you make a decision and drive results, you many not feel comfortable here.
Apply for this job