Duo Security is on a mission to end the era of passwords and democratize advanced security technologies to protect everyone, not just the Fortune 500s. We're solving the biggest security challenge in the industry and want you to join us for the ride!
Our Technical Support Engineers at Duo are the face of support—and are key to our customer success and happiness. You will ensure that issues are received, recorded and repaired or escalated in a rapid, efficient manner. Along with your technical skills, you will work with various teammates at Duo to create long-lasting relationships with our customers and deliver experiences unique to our industry. You’ll help make Duo better not just for our customers, but for Duo as a whole.
- Act as a primary support contact to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Facilitate customer communication via phone, chat and email
- Answer technical questions, then verify & resolve technical problems
- Create transformational customer service experiences, creating more promoters and champions of Duo
- Record & maintain accurate, timely details of issues and activity in a request tracking system
- Contribute to customer-facing and internal documentation used for self-support
- Help develop recommendations for product improvement based on support issues and customer feedback
- Work on a remote team and closely coordinate with customer support initiatives from HQ
- Occasional ability to travel to Ann Arbor or customer sites
- On-call support, on a rotating basis
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing support role
- Strong network troubleshooting background
- Understanding of web technologies [DNS, HTTP(s), etc.]
- Windows OS domain administration/support [Active Directory]
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Linux, Mac OS X, Windows]
- Cross-platform mobile device knowledge [iOS/Android]
- Passionate about service & creating long-term customer relationships
- Pro-active, energetic, assertive, patient and customer-centric
- Impeccable communication–both verbal and written.
- Loves to translate “customer-speak” to “developer-speak” and vice versa
- Follows through. Takes the initiative to own issues until resolution
- Unquenchable thirst for constant learning
- Documents & shares knowledge to improve team performance
- Multi-tasks and handles stress with ease, without getting flustered
- Knows when to escalate to others at the appropriate time
- Welcomes & adapts to change in a swiftly paced workplace
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree [Computer Science, Information Systems or related]
- Network security or information assurance background
- Experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- Familiar with enterprise-level technologies [Cisco, Citrix, Juniper, VMware, etc.]
- Previous experience with helpdesk issue tracking tools and/or CRM
- Basic scripting skills [BASH, Python, etc.]
- Back-end web development experience/troubleshooting is a plus
- Experience in retail or similar customer-facing roles
The support shift may periodically rotate, so flexibility is required. Start time will either be 8am or 9am depending on which support shift you have.
TSEs will also share after-hours operational issues in a rotating, on-call basis.
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Prefer ‘trying, failing, learning’ to ‘getting it perfect the first time’
Excited? We want to hear from you!
Only applicants who have right to work in the UK will be considered
Apply for this job