Last Modified: March 5, 2018
This page describes the terms and conditions that govern your use of the Decipher website, which is controlled, operated and offered by Duo Security LLC (“Duo”) (Duo and Decipher are collectively referred to as "Company", “us,” “our,” or “we”).
- **General Rules and Definitions**
- We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time and for any reason, including the availability of any Services feature, database, or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability.
- You must be 18 years or older to use the Services.
- **Content on the Services**
- Our Services may include a combination of content that we create, and that third parties create. We adhere to high journalistic standards and use every reasonable effort to provide informative and relevant content as part of the Services. However, in using the Services, you may be exposed to content you find offensive, indecent, objectionable or that is inaccurate; you bear all risks associated with using that content.
- The contents of the Services may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
- The contents of the Services, including the Website, are for your personal, noncommercial use and are intended for informational purposes. All materials published on the Services (including, but not limited to articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, also known as the "**Content**") are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws, and owned or controlled by Company or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You acknowledge that the Services have been developed by us through the application of methods and standards of judgment and through the expenditure of substantial time, effort, and money, and constitute valuable intellectual property of Company and others. You are responsible for following all additional copyright and other intellectual property notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services. Except for the limited license granted to you herein, no intellectual property rights will be granted to you through the Services.
- Portions of our Website may include forums or other information regarding security projects or experiments. Like all Content, this information is provided solely for informational purposes. Any information available on the Website is not and should be used as a substitute for professional information security advice that may be tailored to your specific situation. If you rely on any of the Content, you do so solely at your own risk.
- **Prohibited Uses**
- Linking to the Website and Social Media Features: You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide, and you must not:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
- Links from the Website: The Services may contain links to other related internet sites and resources. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for those websites. Since we are not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external link to such site.
- **Representations and Warranties and Limitation of Liability**
- The information presented through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information displayed, uploaded, or distributed through the Services by any user, information provider or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information will be at your sole risk. THE SERVICES AND ALL DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE ARE DISTRIBUTED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, VENDORS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, OR COSTS OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR RECOMMENDATIONS APPEARING ON THE SERVICES, OR ANY LINK PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE. THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN ANY EVENT, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE TO WHICH THE CLAIM RELATES OR, IF THE CLAIM DOES NOT RELATE TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE, $100.
- If you are a California resident, you hereby waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." This release includes the criminal acts of others.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you. If you are a New Jersey resident, or a resident of another state that permits the exclusion of these warranties and liabilities, then the limitations in 6.3 specifically do apply to you.
- **Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver**
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
- Initial Dispute Resolution. Most disputes can be resolved without resort to arbitration. If you have any dispute with us, you agree that before taking any formal action, you will contact us at **Decipher ℅ Duo Security, Attn: Legal, 123 North Ashley Street, Suite #200, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA**, and provide a brief, written description of the dispute and your contact information. Except for intellectual property and small claims court claims, the parties agree to use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation with Company, and good faith negotiations will be a condition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
- Filing a Demand. To start an arbitration, you must do the following: (a) Write a Demand for Arbitration that includes a description of the claim and the amount of damages you seek to recover (you may find a copy of a Demand for Arbitration at www.jamsadr.com); (b) Send three copies of the Demand for Arbitration, plus the appropriate filing fee, to JAMS, 150 West Jefferson, Suite 850, Detroit, Michigan 48226 USA; and (c) Send one copy of the Demand for Arbitration to us at: Decipher ℅ Duo Security, Attn: Legal, 123 North Ashley Street, Suite #200, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA.
To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, Company will pay the additional cost. If the arbitrator finds the arbitration to be non-frivolous, Company will pay the fees invoiced by JAMS, including filing fees and arbitrator and hearing expenses. You are responsible for your own attorneys' fees unless the arbitration rules and/or applicable law provide otherwise.
The parties understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court. If you are a resident of the United States, arbitration may take place in the county where you reside at the time of filing, unless you and we both agree to another location or telephonic arbitration. For individuals residing outside the United States, arbitration will be initiated in Wayne County, Michigan, United States. You and Company further agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any federal or state court in Wayne County, Michigan, in order to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- Class Action Waiver. The parties further agree that the arbitration will be conducted in the party’s respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. **YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING**. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above will be deemed null and void in their entirety and the parties will be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
- Exception: Litigation of Intellectual Property and Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding the parties' decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may bring enforcement actions, validity determinations or claims arising from or relating to theft, piracy or unauthorized use of intellectual property in state or federal court with jurisdiction or in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to protect its intellectual property rights ("intellectual property rights" means patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets, but not privacy or publicity rights). Either party may also seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court's jurisdiction.
- Changes to This Section. Company will provide thirty (30) days' notice of any changes to this section by posting on the Services. Amendments will become effective thirty (30) days after they are posted on the Services or sent to you by email. Changes to this section will otherwise apply prospectively only to claims arising after the thirtieth (30th) day. If a court or arbitrator decides that this subsection on "Changes to This Section" is not enforceable or valid, then this subsection will be severed from the section entitled Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver, and the court or arbitrator will apply the first Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section in existence after you began using the Services.
- Survival. This Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section will survive any termination of your use of the Services.
- **Comments and Concerns**
- This Website is operated by Duo Security LLC 123 North Ashley Street Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe content you own has been copied in manner that violates your intellectual property rights, please review our [Copyright Dispute Policy](/legal/copyright) for further guidance. All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to the copyright agent designated in our [Copyright Dispute Policy](/legal/copyright).
- All other feedback, comments, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: **Info@decipher.sc**.