New Editions Support Greater Ease of Integration and Faster Provisioning for Enterprise Deployments, Lowers Two-Factor Authentication Costs for Small Businesses
ANN ARBOR, MICH. (December 12, 2013) – Duo Security, the innovative leader in two-factor authentication, today launched new editions to enable faster deployment, greater usability and lower cost of ownership for businesses of all sizes, starting as low as $1/user/month.
Duo Security now offers powerful two-factor authentication plans for everyone—regardless of size or need:
- Duo Enterprise Edition, for organizations that need advanced management features and the ability to scale large deployments quickly;
- Duo Business Edition, provides strong authentication and seamless integrations for small and medium-sized organizations at only $1/user/month;
- Duo Personal Edition, two-factor authentication for small teams and personal use, free for up to 10 users.
“In coping with a constantly growing number of system credentials, users have reverted to tactics that invalidate the intended security strength of passwords in the name of greater convenience for the user,” said Frank Dickson, Industry Principal, Network Security at Frost & Sullivan. “Two-factor authentication is effective in mitigating the risk of stolen credentials, but utilization has been typically limited to larger-sized businesses with the resources to support it. Innovative authentication solutions that leverage the power of the cloud enable strong authentication to be effectively applied to every business, regardless of size and complexity.”
Designed to enable large-scale deployments of two-factor authentication in a matter of minutes, Duo’s Enterprise Edition delivers:
- Rapid user provisioning, supporting synchronization with Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Seamless integration capabilities with support for Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- An intuitive end-to-end experience, featuring group management functionality allowing administrators to organize and assign user access with ease
- Powerful login controls, including the ability to determine trusted networks and devices
- Comprehensive APIs that empower developers to build custom two-factor authentication solutions that fit their organization’s unique requirements
Zane Lackey, Director of Security Engineering at Etsy said, “Duo Security provides the team at Etsy a great user experience for a crucial security mechanism. Our members’ data is everything to us and Duo Security’s two-factor authentication is an important part of our overall security program.”
“Our mission at Duo has always been to strike the perfect balance between iron-clad confidence and ease of use. The goal is to frustrate the bad guys, not your employees,” said Duo Security CEO and Co-Founder Dug Song. “True to that mission, we’re introducing new editions of Duo, to provide frictionless, affordable two-factor authentication for everyone. Duo Enterprise Edition enables large organizations to easily manage and scale their two-factor deployment. Duo Business Edition lowers the cost of two-factor, making it more attainable than ever for small and medium-sized businesses.”
Duo Business Edition provides a robust two-factor authentication solution that is both cost-effective and low maintenance for just $1/user/month, enabling smaller businesses to protect their organizations on a budget. Offering unlimited integrations with VPNs, servers and web apps — along with a complete range of authentication methods via Duo Mobile, phone call, SMS or hardware token — Duo Business Edition delivers versatile two-factor authentication that is no longer cost prohibitive for smaller deployments.
Duo also offers a free Personal Edition, supporting the same features as the Business Edition for up to 10 users. With easy-to-use, reliable two-factor solutions to meet the authentication needs of any size environment, the Duo suite provides a full spectrum of powerful, attainable security options designed for rapid deployment and simple management. Duo Security’s high availability cloud-based platform dramatically reduces the complexity and expense of traditional two-factor authentication. All of Duo’s editions leverage the ubiquity of mobile devices to deliver a solution that is intuitive, scalable, and reliable.
To get started with Duo Security’s two-factor authentication, sign up for a free account at www.duosecurity.com.
About Duo Security
Duo Security is the world’s leading cloud-based two-factor authentication service. Duo’s patented technology enables organizations to protect their logins in as little as 15 minutes. Over 2,500 organizations in more than 80 countries rely on Duo Security to protect their networks, services and applications. Learn more and try it for free at www.duosecurity.com. Follow Duo Security on Twitter at: @duosec.