Discover Duo’s Healthcare Security Solutions at 2017 HIMSS
Duo Security is packing our bags for the leading health IT conference, the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2017, running Feb. 19-23 in Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center.
More than 40,000 health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world will be on hand at this conference that brings together more than 300 programs spanning keynotes, thought leader sessions, roundtable discussions and workshops.
If you plan to attend, visit us at booth #277, where we’re showing off Duo’s two-factor authentication and endpoint security solutions with an eye toward the healthcare industry, serving organizations like hospitals, healthcare systems and university health systems.
You can find us on the expo floor during these hours:
- Monday, February 20, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 21, 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 22, 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Say hello, get answers to some of your security questions and enjoy some free swag!
Protecting Patient Data with Duo
We provide information security solutions that integrate with electronic healthcare record systems (EHRs) to protect patient data from unauthorized access. Duo offers secure two-factor authentication that’s quick and easy for busy healthcare professionals to use. Choose from a variety of authentication methods:
- Single Sign-On - Securely access all enterprise cloud applications by logging into a web portal once.
- Duo Push - Send a push notification to your device, and log in by taping ‘Approve.’
- Phone Callback - Call a phone, then log in by answering and pressing a key.
- SMS Passcode - Get an SMS message with a code, type it in and log in.
HIPAA Security Rule guidelines on accessing electronic protected health information (ePHI) recommend using two-factor authentication to mitigate the risk of lost or stolen credentials that could result in unauthorized access to ePHI.
Two-factor authentication is also required by the Drug Enforcement Agency’s mandates for securing e-prescriptions. Practitioners must use two forms of identification for identity-proofing, to sign and verify digital prescriptions.
Duo also offers comprehensive endpoint visibility, tracking outdated or vulnerable devices that attempt to authenticate into your environment, and offering your users and admins the ability to update those devices.
With customizable policy and controls, you can block at-risk devices from connecting to your network, reducing the risk of transferring malware or allowing external attackers to exploit vulnerabilities to breach your company. Learn more about Duo's solutions for Healthcare.
Guide to Securing Patient Data
Duo developed this guide to examine some of the ways that patient data can be vulnerable and how you can protect it. To learn more about patient data security, download Duo Security's Guide to Securing Patient Data: Breach Prevention Doesn’t Have to Be Brain Surgery.
To help you navigate patient data security, our guide will:
- summarize relevant health IT security legislation, including federal and state
- provide information security guidelines on remote access risks and solutions
- provide extensive security resources and a real hospital customer story
- explain how to protect against modern attacks and meet regulatory compliance with two-factor authentication
Ideal for CISOs, security, compliance and risk management officers, IT administrators and other professionals concerned with information security, this guide is for IT decision-makers that need to implement strong authentication security, as well as those evaluating two-factor authentication solutions for organizations in the healthcare industry.