Download the current release from the Checksums and Downloads page.
Version 2.0.2 - June 7, 2023
- Minor log filtering improvements.
- Resolves an issue in versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 which permitted users who should have been denied access to complete logon without MFA when "fail open" was set to true (Cisco Security Advisory). We recommend setting "fail open" to false and using Offline Access for macOS login to protect local authentication when the client cannot contact Duo's service.
Version 2.0.1 - March 15, 2023
- Corrects an issue in Duo Offline Access for macOS which allowed "Mac Offline" login passcodes to be reused or replayed under certain conditions (CVE-2023-20123; Cisco Security Advisory).
Version 2.0.0 - August 25, 2022
- Introduces offline access with Duo MFA.
- Adds support for Mac systems featuring the Apple M1 chip.
- Adds support for macOS 13 Ventura.
- The minimum supported macOS version is now 10.15 Catalina.
- Resolved an issue where smart card 2FA bypass did not enforce that the smart card’s assigned user matched the authenticating user (CVE-2022-20662; Cisco Security Advisory).
- Resolved an issue where a time sync error upon contacting Duo's service did not respect the local fail mode configuration and always failed open.
- Improved client logging with log-level filtering.
- Miscellaneous user interface enhancements and fixes.
Version 1.1.1 - March 22, 2022
- Installer and Uninstaller packages updated with support for macOS 12.3.
restore_after_upgrade tool updated with support for macOS 12.3.
Version 1.1.0 - November 2020
- Support for macOS 11 Big Sur.
- Updated to Swift 5 as required for third-party auth plugins and login mechanisms. Installing Duo for macOS without first verifying that any other installed auth plugins support Swift 5 may prevent user logins.
Version 1.0.4 - August 2018
- Update install script to support silent or unattended installs and uninstalls.
Version 1.0.3 - March 2018
- Bugfixes for AD accounts.
Version 1.0.2 - September 2017
- Updated configuration script.
- Fixed an issue where Mac Logon would not work correctly with some system date/time settings.
Version 1.0.1 - June 2017
Version 1.0beta - April 2017