Duo integrates with Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems to add two-factor authentication to Remote Desktop and local logons.
Download the current release from the Checksums and Downloads page.
Version 4.1.0 - April 29, 2020
There is a known issue with installation of Duo Authentication for Windows Logon and RDP version 4.1 on Active Directory domain controllers that may trigger user lockouts. Do not install version 4.1 on your domain controllers; install version 4.0.7 instead.
- Introduces User Elevation, which adds the 2FA Duo prompt for credentialed User Account Control.
- GPO template updated to include User Elevation configuration.
- SHA-256 signed installer.
- Additional bug fixes and security enhancements
Version 4.0.7 - October 2019
- Fixes an issue related to multiple in-flight authentications.
- Support for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 ends in January 2020. Future releases may not function on unsupported operating systems.
Version 4.0.6 - September 2019
- Added a support tool that sanitizes and packages config and log files into a zip file you can send to Duo Support when troubleshooting issues.
- Added log file rotation.
- Added additional UI installer options for HTTP proxy settings.
- Updated GPO template to include log file rotation and Offline Authentication configuration.
- Removed .NET dependency for the installer connectivity check.
- Fixed a bug that would result in "Ordinal Not Found" being displayed in certain scenarios.
- Fixed the flow of windows password changes that could cause re-enrollment in Offline Authentication.
- Removed errant log message stating "Duo Auth Not Configured".
- Response to CERT/CC Vulnerability Note VU#576688.
- Security improvements for Offline Authentication.
- Additional bug fixes and security enhancements.
Version 4.0.5 - April 2019
- Correct issue enforcing secure failmode (
FailOpen=0) when the Offline Access feature is disabled at the client system (
OfflineAvailable=0). PSA-2019-001 (CVE-2019-11237)
Version 4.0.3 - February 2019
- Corrected issue with installer not preserving configured options on upgrade.
Version 4.0.2 - February 2019
- Corrected an issue with offline access de-provisioning registered users unexpectedly after a bypass login.
- Installer dialog changes for integration and smart card options.
- Command line installer now permits setting all configuration options.
- Fixed issues with installer product codes that affected MSI in-place upgrades.
Version 4.0.1 - December 2018
UsernameFormatForService setting now respected when set via GPO.
- Bug fixes.
Version 4.0.0 - November 2018
- Introduces offline access with Duo MFA.
- Adds support for Windows Server 2019. Deprecates support for Windows 8 and 2008.
- Now includes the Windows hostname of the system where Duo is installed in the Duo authentication logs for both remote and local console logins.
- Bug fixes
Version 3.1.2 - May 2018
- Installer improvements, including a new API connectivity check
Version 3.1.1 - October 2017
- Supports chaining Duo authentication with smart card logon
- Configurable username format for Duo now supports userPrincipalName (UPN)
- Bug fixes
Version 3.1.0 - July 2017
- Support for wrapped credential providers
- Permits an allow list of third-party credential providers
- Configurable Duo username format sAMAccountName or NTLM name (msDS-PrincipalName)
- Silent MSI command line upgrade
Version 188.8.131.52 - February 2017
Version 2.1.0 - September 2016
Version 184.108.40.206 - February 2016
Version 220.127.116.11 - August 2015
Version 1.1.8 - September 2014
- Improved handling of UPN usernames
- Adjustment to authentication attempt timeout logic
Version 1.1.7 - April 2014
- Ensured that the secondary login window always appears on Server 2012, Windows 8, and newer
Version 1.1.6 - April 2014
- Fixed upgrades using .msi installers in headless mode
Version 1.1.5 - March 2014
- Fixed log on to domain accounts on offline workstations
- Fixed log on to domain accounts with usernames that match local accounts
Version 1.1.4 - Jan 2014
Version 1.1.3 - Jan 2014
- Fixed double-prompt for username/password when logging into Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 (or newer) with an RDP client supporting Network-Level Authentication
Version 1.1.2 - Oct 2013
- Used a more reliable mechanism to determine client IP addresses
Version 1.1.1 - Oct 2013
- Fixed issues parsing usernames
Version 1.1.0 - Sept 2013
Version 1.0.7 - July 2013
Version 1.0.6 - November 2012
- Released Windows Server 2003 version