Duo integrates with Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems to add two-factor authentication to Remote Desktop and local logons.
Download the current release from the Checksums and Downloads page.
Version 4.0.7 - October 2019
- Fixes an issue related to multiple in-flight authentications.
Version 4.0.6 - September 2019
- Added a support tool that sanitizes and packages config and log files into a zip file you can send to Duo Support when troubleshooting issues.
- Added log file rotation.
- Added additional UI installer options for HTTP proxy settings.
- Updated GPO template to include log file rotation and Offline Authentication configuration.
- Removed .NET dependency for the installer connectivity check.
- Fixed a bug that would result in "Ordinal Not Found" being displayed in certain scenarios.
- Fixed the flow of windows password changes that could cause re-enrollment in Offline Authentication.
- Removed errant log message stating "Duo Auth Not Configured".
- Response to CERT/CC Vulnerability Note VU#576688.
- Security improvements for Offline Authentication.
- Additional bug fixes and security enhancements.
Version 4.0.5 - April 2019
- Correct issue enforcing secure failmode (
FailOpen=0) when the Offline Access feature is disabled at the client system (
OfflineAvailable=0). PSA-2019-001 (CVE-2019-11237)
Version 4.0.3 - February 2019
- Corrected issue with installer not preserving configured options on upgrade.
Version 4.0.2 - February 2019
- Corrected an issue with offline access de-provisioning registered users unexpectedly after a bypass login.
- Installer dialog changes for integration and smart card options.
- Command line installer now permits setting all configuration options.
- Fixed issues with installer product codes that affected MSI in-place upgrades.
Version 4.0.1 - December 2018
UsernameFormatForService setting now respected when set via GPO.
- Bug fixes.
Version 4.0.0 - November 2018
- Introduces offline access with Duo MFA.
- Adds support for Windows Server 2019. Deprecates support for Windows 8 and 2008.
- Now includes the Windows hostname of the system where Duo is installed in the Duo authentication logs for both remote and local console logins.
- Bug fixes
Version 3.1.2 - May 2018
- Installer improvements, including a new API connectivity check
Version 3.1.1 - October 2017
- Supports chaining Duo authentication with smart card logon
- Configurable username format for Duo now supports userPrincipalName (UPN)
- Bug fixes
Version 3.1.0 - July 2017
- Support for wrapped credential providers
- Permits whitelisting third-party credential providers
- Configurable Duo username format sAMAccountName or NTLM name (msDS-PrincipalName)
- Silent MSI command line upgrade
Version 220.127.116.11 - February 2017
Version 2.1.0 - September 2016
Version 18.104.22.168 - February 2016
Version 22.214.171.124 - August 2015
Version 1.1.8 - September 2014
- Improved handling of UPN usernames
- Adjustment to authentication attempt timeout logic
Version 1.1.7 - April 2014
- Ensured that the secondary login window always appears on Server 2012, Windows 8, and newer
Version 1.1.6 - April 2014
- Fixed upgrades using .msi installers in headless mode
Version 1.1.5 - March 2014
- Fixed log on to domain accounts on offline workstations
- Fixed log on to domain accounts with usernames that match local accounts
Version 1.1.4 - Jan 2014
Version 1.1.3 - Jan 2014
- Fixed double-prompt for username/password when logging into Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 (or newer) with an RDP client supporting Network-Level Authentication
Version 1.1.2 - Oct 2013
- Used a more reliable mechanism to determine client IP addresses
Version 1.1.1 - Oct 2013
- Fixed issues parsing usernames
Version 1.1.0 - Sept 2013
Version 1.0.7 - July 2013
Version 1.0.6 - November 2012
- Released Windows Server 2003 version