Duo Essentials OverviewLast Updated: May 1st, 2023
Duo Essentials, formerly Duo MFA, offers multi-factor authentication solutions to protect every user and provide baseline data access controls, advanced administrative management, user provisioning, trusted device verification, and a secure single sign-on experience
The major features of Duo Essentials include:
- Duo Single Sign-On for federated login to SSO applications with our cloud-hosted identity provider.
- Duo Passwordless for secure authentication with a single gesture instead of password entry followed by MFA.
- Trusted Endpoints to differentiate between corporate and personal devices and limit sensitive data access to known managed devices.
- Directory Sync to import users and administrators into Duo from external Active Directory, Azure, and OpenLDAP identity stores.
- Self-Service Portal which permits end-user management of Duo authentication devices.
- A subset of Duo's Policy options: New User policy, Authentication policy, Remembered devices, Authorized networks, Authentication methods.
- The available authentication methods in Duo Essentials include verified Duo Push, which protects users from push harassment and fatigue attacks.
- Additional options for managing administrator access in Duo, such as Admin Roles, Administrative Units, and Admin SSO.
Duo Essentials also includes standard features such as:
- Duo Push, phone, SMS, hardware token, and security two-factor authentication methods.
- A wide catalog of included applications to protect with Duo.
- Logging and reporting of user authentications, administrator actions, telephony consumption, and more.
Explore our pricing information to see more Duo Essentials features and compare pricing with other Duo plans.